RIMS-CRMP Code of Ethics
The Code of Ethics of the Certification Commission requires certified persons to uphold the rules and requirements of the certified risk management professional that allows for the proper discharge of their responsibilities to those served, protect the integrity of the credential and safeguard the public’s trust. Agreement to uphold and abide by the Code of Ethics is a requirement for earning and maintaining certification. Implicit in this agreement is an obligation not only to comply with the mandates and requirements of all applicable laws and regulations, but to act in an ethical manner in all professional services and activities. Certified persons who fail to comply with the Code of Ethics are subject to disciplinary procedures which may result in sanctions. The Code of Ethics are not set forth to determine behaviors resulting in criminal or civil liability, nor are they intended to resolve matters of market competition.
As a certified risk management professional, I agree to uphold and abide by the follow tenets:
- Perform professional duties in accordance with the laws and with integrity.
- Perform professional duties in a competent and ethical manner.
- Avoid acts or omissions amounting to unprofessional conduct.
- Avoid malicious conduct that would injure the professional reputation or practice of others.
- Provide complete and accurate information when applying for certification and recertification.
- Refrain from personal behavior that may compromise the integrity of the credential.
- Disclose any felony convictions.
- Abide and uphold the policies of the Certification Commission.
- Safeguard confidential and privileged information and exercise due care to prevent its improper disclosure.
- Maintain competency requirements through recertification.
- Use the logo and certification marks only in an authorized and approved manner.
- Pay all fees and provide information required by the Certification Commission.